X-Ray Technician Schools: – Shaping the Right Image in Your Career
What draws a thin line between a good career and a great career is the academic decision? A Decision to think about a futuristic career which is good on work related opportunities and gives the right values to you and your time. One such career in the vast field of medicine includes X-ray technology. X- Technician schools hold the key to a bright career ahead, a career which helps you help people, understand various ailments concerning hard tissues and providing diagnosis. The advanced process of incorporating related imaging techniques along with X-ray technology is imparted by radiology technician schools.
Quick Guide To Choose Right Schools:-
- Choose schools that is reputed and accredited, an accredited school fetches you better career in terms of employment and pay. The schools should be accredited to AART
- X-Ray technician schools should have extensive practical courses, do not opt for coursework certifications and diploma schools, it will do you little good
- Research the school thoroughly in terms of tuition fees, placements, grants and other facilities and do a comparative analysis across other reputed schools offering similar parameters
- Do not be rightful in choosing information portrayed in websites alone, choose to talk to former students of the school and know their views and opinions about facilities offered
Choose Right X Ray Technician Schools
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (General Concentration)
- Radiologic Technology
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Radiologic Technology
- Medical Assisting Basic X-Ray Technician - Associates
- Medical Assisting with Basic X-Ray Operation
- And more...
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
- Radiation Therapy, AS
- Nuclear Medicine Technology, AS
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
- And more...
Dallas-based Parker University, formerly known as Parker College of Chiropractic, is one of the world’s leading educators of health care professionals. Founded in 1982, this private, nonprofit, educational institution prepares men and women to become doctors of chiropractic. In addition, Parker University awards additional wellness-focused degrees including a Bachelor of Science with a major in Anatomy and a Bachelor of Science with a major in Health and Wellness, massage therapy certificates, and continuing education specializations and certifications.
- Associate of Applied Science with a major in Radiologic Technology
- Associate of Applied Science with a major in Diagnostic Sonography
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
Students benefit from a balance of classroom instruction and real-world experience, learning the skills they need to go straight to work in todays competitive job market.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Your educational needs. Our commitment.
At Kaplan College, we create programs with our students’ needs in mind. Our goal is to empower you with the real-world knowledge you need to succeed beyond the classroom. We offer a variety of programs at 28 campuses across 7 states in various degree levels to help train you for entry-level employment in a variety of rewarding careers.
- Medical Assistant X-Ray Technician
- X-Ray Technician/Back Office Medical Assistant
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS-Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Radiologic Technology (AAS)
- Radiation Therapy (AS)
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology
Kinds of Schools: The Choice that Meets Your Needs
- Online Schools/ Distance Education:- Are a blessing in disguise for students those who do not opt for conventional schools, the classroom activity is brought to your doorsteps which involves virtual classrooms , internet and online discussions, among myriad of other features that are flexible to a large extent over its contrary. However its necessary that students advise necessary precautions while choosing such schools
- Campus Based Schools/ Vocational Schools:- Campus based schools are conventional schools to pursue your courses full time, they are more appropriate and often preferred in job openings. They help a student prepare better in terms of practical learning and adept him technically giving him enough work skill requisites.
Online Based Vs Campus Based: Which X-Ray Technician Schools Should I choose?
Online Based Schools:
Pros include flexibility of programs; it’s cost effective along with recurrent repeats of lectures which are done through videos. This would help a student understand key aspects without many hassles, a discussion forum and chat session allows virtual interaction with professors and fellow colleagues
Cons include lack of sufficient practical exposure, while good for theory and coursework; a student may often find himself lagging behind in practical exposure and devoid of requisite technical skills. This is a key aspect that X ray students should remember on not opting online schools not providing practical exposure,
Pros succeed on what online schools lag, they give sufficient practical exposure through job related training programs, lab works, and job intern based curriculums. Interaction is more personal and can be carried out through lengthy discussions and understandings
Cons mainly include cost factor, campus based schools are quite expensive compared to online schools , a working professional may not find it as flexible as a online school.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Schools: Admission Requirements
A high school diploma or GED is required for admission to an X-ray technician program. A high school background in math, chemistry, biology and physics is helpful, some schools do have special requirements while others make exceptions if candidate has had work related exposure to X ray or other forms of radiology.
Academic Programs and Degrees
- Associate Degree/ Certificate Courses: Entry level academic requirements for X-ray technologists for employment opportunities. It can range anywhere from 1-2 years
- Bachelor of Science or Undergraduate Degree: Career oriented student who want to delve on understanding X ray technology better can do so by pursuing a 4 year Undergraduate course in radiology. They prepare students to perform x ray technician related procedures and safety
- Master of Science: Adept mind towards X ray technology, with ambitious career plans can further choose to broaden their horizon through a 2- 3 Year master course in radiology. Besides becoming an x ray tech, students also have one more closely related option like ultrasound technician.
- PhD; – For those with inquisitive mind and research interest, can range anywhere from 3- 5 years.
Educational Curriculum and its programs
Ensure your school is accredited by the AART or Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accreditation, rest assured that your educational career is safe. Educational curriculum may comprise of following core subjects such as
- Patient safety care procedures,
- Ethics of Medicine
- Medical Physiology
- Imaging techniques
Licensing and Certifications:-
One common certification and licensing Exam in the U.S is the ARRT – American Registry of Radiologic Technologists which certifies and registers individuals in 17 various disciplines.
Look Out for Options on Federal Grants & Scholarships
Some commonly available scholarships include
- Royce Osborn Minority Student Scholarship: – Offers yearly award to entry level Radiology technician students.
- Jerman-Cahoon Student Scholarships:- Offers $2,500 scholarships every year
- Varian Radiation Therapy Student Scholarship: – For those candidates who pursue Radiology science, awards range up to $5,000 per student