X-Ray Technician Schools: – Shaping the Right Image in Your Career
What draws a thin line between a good career and a great career is the academic decision? A Decision to think about a futuristic career which is good on work related opportunities and gives the right values to you and your time. One such career in the vast field of medicine includes X-ray technology. X- Technician schools hold the key to a bright career ahead, a career which helps you help people, understand various ailments concerning hard tissues and providing diagnosis. The advanced process of incorporating related imaging techniques along with X-ray technology is imparted by radiology technician schools.
Quick Guide To Choose Right Schools:-
- Choose schools that is reputed and accredited, an accredited school fetches you better career in terms of employment and pay. The schools should be accredited to AART
- X-Ray technician schools should have extensive practical courses, do not opt for coursework certifications and diploma schools, it will do you little good
- Research the school thoroughly in terms of tuition fees, placements, grants and other facilities and do a comparative analysis across other reputed schools offering similar parameters
- Do not be rightful in choosing information portrayed in websites alone, choose to talk to former students of the school and know their views and opinions about facilities offered
Choose Right X Ray Technician Schools
American Career College (ACC) offers hands-on training that will prepare students for careers in the healthcare industry at three campuses in Los Angeles, Ontario, and Orange County, California. ACC's programs combine classroom lectures and hands-on training to prepare students for a Diploma or Associate of Occupational Science degree.
- Associate of Occupational Science in Radiography
As a student at Southeastern College, you will gain the training, skills, and knowledge you need to start a rewarding career in growing occupations such as practical nursing, emergency medical services, medical assisting, massage therapy, and pharmacy technology. Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern a great choice for busy working adults.
- AS in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Keiser University offers accredited degree programs in today's in demand careers: Healthcare, Technology, Paralegal, Business, Nursing and Legal Studies.
- Radiation Therapy, AS
- Nuclear Medicine Technology, AS
- Radiologic Technology, AS
- And more...
Welcome to Carrington College - The Starting Point for Health Care Careers. With roots that date back more than 45 years, Carrington College has helped to shape the careers of tens of thousands of students as they prepare to enter health care professions.
- Medical Radiography
- Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound
- Occupational Associates Degree in Cardiovascular Sonography (Non-invasive Track)
- Radiologic Technology
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Associate : Radiologic Technology
- Diploma: Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Ultrasound
- Diploma: Medical Assistant X-Ray Technician
- And more...
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS-Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (General Concentration)
Kinds of Schools: The Choice that Meets Your Needs
- Online Schools/ Distance Education:- Are a blessing in disguise for students those who do not opt for conventional schools, the classroom activity is brought to your doorsteps which involves virtual classrooms , internet and online discussions, among myriad of other features that are flexible to a large extent over its contrary. However its necessary that students advise necessary precautions while choosing such schools
- Campus Based Schools/ Vocational Schools:- Campus based schools are conventional schools to pursue your courses full time, they are more appropriate and often preferred in job openings. They help a student prepare better in terms of practical learning and adept him technically giving him enough work skill requisites.
Online Based Vs Campus Based: Which X-Ray Technician Schools Should I choose?
Online Based Schools:
Pros include flexibility of programs; it’s cost effective along with recurrent repeats of lectures which are done through videos. This would help a student understand key aspects without many hassles, a discussion forum and chat session allows virtual interaction with professors and fellow colleagues
Cons include lack of sufficient practical exposure, while good for theory and coursework; a student may often find himself lagging behind in practical exposure and devoid of requisite technical skills. This is a key aspect that X ray students should remember on not opting online schools not providing practical exposure,
Pros succeed on what online schools lag, they give sufficient practical exposure through job related training programs, lab works, and job intern based curriculums. Interaction is more personal and can be carried out through lengthy discussions and understandings
Cons mainly include cost factor, campus based schools are quite expensive compared to online schools , a working professional may not find it as flexible as a online school.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Schools: Admission Requirements
A high school diploma or GED is required for admission to an X-ray technician program. A high school background in math, chemistry, biology and physics is helpful, some schools do have special requirements while others make exceptions if candidate has had work related exposure to X ray or other forms of radiology.
Academic Programs and Degrees
- Associate Degree/ Certificate Courses: Entry level academic requirements for X-ray technologists for employment opportunities. It can range anywhere from 1-2 years
- Bachelor of Science or Undergraduate Degree: Career oriented student who want to delve on understanding X ray technology better can do so by pursuing a 4 year Undergraduate course in radiology. They prepare students to perform x ray technician related procedures and safety
- Master of Science: Adept mind towards X ray technology, with ambitious career plans can further choose to broaden their horizon through a 2- 3 Year master course in radiology. Besides becoming an x ray tech, students also have one more closely related option like ultrasound technician.
- PhD; – For those with inquisitive mind and research interest, can range anywhere from 3- 5 years.
Educational Curriculum and its programs
Ensure your school is accredited by the AART or Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accreditation, rest assured that your educational career is safe. Educational curriculum may comprise of following core subjects such as
- Patient safety care procedures,
- Ethics of Medicine
- Medical Physiology
- Imaging techniques
Licensing and Certifications:-
One common certification and licensing Exam in the U.S is the ARRT – American Registry of Radiologic Technologists which certifies and registers individuals in 17 various disciplines.
Look Out for Options on Federal Grants & Scholarships
Some commonly available scholarships include
- Royce Osborn Minority Student Scholarship: – Offers yearly award to entry level Radiology technician students.
- Jerman-Cahoon Student Scholarships:- Offers $2,500 scholarships every year
- Varian Radiation Therapy Student Scholarship: – For those candidates who pursue Radiology science, awards range up to $5,000 per student